5 great reasons to donate to Hearts Aflame
- “Hearts Aflame is probably the most fullest expression of Christian faith I have ever seen in ten years of Church life."
- “I learnt to pray, learnt to love and learnt to be Catholic!”
- “Hearts Aflame is fantastic, words can’t describe it, keep it happening!”
- “Of all the retreats, camps, etc. I've ever been to over the years, Hearts Aflame has been the richest in every sense."
- “At times I had wanted to die, and had asked God to take my life, but it was here at Hearts that I learned how to accept His love. I came here feeling empty, and for one of the only times I felt joy, real intense joy. From utter despair in life to a future of happiness with my Jesus, what words could express this?"
Hearts Aflame is an event that has a special reputation for forming young adults in the Catholic faith, and as a place that fosters vocational discernment and encourages young men and women to prayerfully consider a calling to the priesthood, religious life, or marriage.
The participants that come to Hearts Aflame pay their own way to the tune of approximately $500 per person. But every year we have administration, accommodation and travel costs for our speakers and priests that exceed the income we receive from registrations. Hearts Aflame receives no permanent funding from the Church in New Zealand, the only source of funding we do receive comes from independent donations, and from year to year we have absolutely no guarantee that we will receive any money to be able to cover the financial shortfall. Hearts Aflame is run on a shoestring budget, and none of the volunteers who organise this event receive ANY financial remuneration for the hundreds of hours of time and effort they each put into this important apostolate.
Hearts Aflame has been running in New Zealand for 25 years, during which time well over 2000 New Zealand young adults have been formed in the Catholic faith and gone on to become priests, religious, married couples and single lay people who serve the Church with passion and zeal.
With your financial support many more young adults can be formed in the faith and Hearts Aflame can be around for another 25 years!